If you are looking for a paleo diet recipe for chocolate cake give this chocolate cake a try. Its pretty paleo. It is made with Olive Oil, Carrot Juice and lots of Cocoa. So it is extremely healthy and full of vitamins and anti-oxidants. It is not a completely paleo recipe. Some sugar is used to help with texture and to bring out flavor. You can try it without. It will come out somewhat like very dark brown Irish Soda Bread, but denser.
Ingredients for the Paleo Diet Recipe for Chocolate Cake of Power
- 1 cup of Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of Quinoa flour (whole wheat will work too)
- 1 teaspoon of iodized salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
Directions for the Paleo Diet Recipe for Chocolate Cake of Power
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease pans (two 9-inch rounds or 13x2x9 rectangle)
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Add all the wet ingredients except for the boiling water.
- Mix for two minutes on medium speed or stir to exhaustion
- Add boiling water and mix until well blended, but don’t kill it.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely before applying frosting.
- Decorate with symbols of power.
Suggested symbols of power:
- Large Plastic Dinosaurs
- Plastic nose pencil sharpeners
- Chipotle peppers
- Hot Wheels race cars
- Small Rubber Ducks
For the Paleo Diet Purist we suggest the following:
- Bits of Hemp String
- Tea Leaves
- Plastic wild animals
As always, be careful when decorating cakes for children. Children should not, except in extremely rare cases where this is part of the child’s normal diet, eat Chipotle peppers. All toys and non-edible decorations should be removed before consuming regardless of the servees age.
Healthy Frosting for Paleo Diet Cake Recipes
If you figure out how to do this please let us know. We have managed to make stuff that looks like frosting by blending coconut oil with beet juice. While the cake looked great, most guests were pretty disappointed with all other aspects. We have also tried frosting with all-fruit jam. It was pretty sticky and unattractive. We recommend a light layer of traditional frosting, or a dusting of confectioners sugar.